IGN Middle East, the largest gaming website in the Middle East, announced that GamesFest 2012, the UAE’s hottest gaming event, is back on 15th December, 2012 at ClubWest, located at the Grand MidWest Tower at Dubai Media City. Presented by ClubWest, the event aims to bring together the region’s gaming community to participate in tournaments, win prizes and discover the latest releases from the video games industry.
“We are excited to announce GamesFest 2012, the most popular gaming series in the UAE, which brings together serious gamers from the UAE, Saudi Arabia and other regional countries. GamesFest is a platform for gamers to showcase their skills and learn about the latest games, gadgets and techniques. Gamers can come dressed as their favorite character and compete in the Cosplay competition. We have had excellent response at the previous editions of the event and are confident GamesFest 2012 will also be a tremendous success,” says Abbas Jaffar Ali, Director, IGN Middle East.
Organized by IGN Middle East, GamesFest will give gamers the opportunity to play the latest games, participate in tournaments both on consoles and PC, as well as try out the latest gaming gear. Highlights of the event include:
1. Halo 4 Tournament – A tournaments will be held for Halo 4 for the first time in the UAE on Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Tournament – Compete in the Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Tournament and win prizes.
3. FIFA 13 Tournament – By popular demand, UAE’s most popular game is back at GamesFest with top prizes up for grabs and had over 120 participants last time around.
4. Cosplay Competition – Gamers dress up as their favorite anime, movie or video game characters.
5. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Competition – The All-Stars Battle Royale bug has already grabbed our IGN team. Take part in the Tournament for the first time at GamesFest.
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Tournament – Top prizes up for grabs so get fragging and come down to show off your skills.
7. Latest Gaming Products Showcase – Check out the latest gaming products from, CashU, Zotac, Nvidia, CoolerMaster and Game Power 7.
“Club West is proud to host GamesFest, with 3D cinema style screens HD TVs, an arsenal of the latest gaming titles as well as a stylish state of the art club and venue gamers and clubbers alike are about to experience a GamesFest to remember. ” said Dave O’Keeffe, Entertainment Manager ClubWest, Grand MidWest Tower.
GamesFest is sponsored by ClubWest, Zotac, Nvidia, PlayStation, Microsoft, CashU, CoolerMaster and Game Power 7.
Gamers can register for the event at www.tbreak.com/gamesfest.