- There are four types of Nol cards - Silver, Gold, Red and Blue each serving customers as per their requirements
- Silver Nol Card – An Anonymous card with an e-purse that can be loaded with up to AED 500. Price: AED 20 (includes AED 14 e-purse value). With the silver card, you can sit anywhere in the train except the Gold Cabin. Useful for a light traveler.
- Gold Nol Card – An Anonymous card with an e-purse that can be loaded with up to AED 500. Price: AED 20 (includes AED 14 e-purse value). The added advantage with the gold card is - you can sit in the Gold Cabin of the train. Useful for someone looking for VIP cabin facilities.
- Red Nol Card – A paper-based ticket that cannot act as e-purse but can be loaded with 10 trips. Useful for infrequent users.
- Blue Nol Card – A personal card with a secure e-purse that can be loaded with up to AED 500. Price: AED 70 (includes AED 20 e-purse value). The advantage is that the card is secure and cannot be mis-used. Useful for a daily traveler who recharges regularly so that the card is not misplaced and misused.
- Gold, Silver and Blue cards are valid for 5 years. The Nol Red card is valid only for 10 trips or 90 days whichever is first.
- Nol cards can be purchased at:
- Ticket Offices - RTA ticket offices are outlets open at all metro stations and few bus stations across the Emirate.
- Ticket Vending Machines - Silver cards and Red cards can be purchased from ticket vending machines placed at all metro stations. They are easy-to-use ATM look-alike machines. Be sure to have change ready at hand for using these.
- Authorised Sales Agents - Nol silver cards can be purchased from RTA authorised sales agents like Spinneys oulets across the Emirate
- Online - Visit http://www.nol.ae to make an online purchase of the Nol card. Keep your credit card details ready with you.