20 Facts About Instagram
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS. A version for Android devices was released a year and half later, in April 2012, followed by a feature-limited website interface in November 2012, and apps for Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 in April 2016 and October 2016 respectively. The app allows users to upload photos and videos to the service, which can be edited with various filters, and organized with tags and location information. An account's posts can be shared publicly or with pre-approved followers. Users can browse other users' content by tags and locations, and view trending content. Users can "like" photos, and follow other users to add their content to a feed.
1) Instagram gained over 1 million users in 2010 Dec and was launched in October 2009
2) Hashtags features were introduced in 2011.
3) The average number of likes per Instagram post is 1,261.
4) Time spent by an average user on Instagram is 55 minutes per day.
5) More than 100 million users watch or share on Live every day.
6) Instagram is 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook.
7) There are 16,600,000 Google searches for “Instagram” per month.
8) 60% of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
9) 300 million users use the “Stories” feature daily.
10) Posts with at least one hashtag gain on an average 12.6% more engagement than posts without hashtags.
11) The photo of an ordinary egg holds the record for the most liked photo. 53.6M likes.
12) The most used emoji is the “<3” emoji.
13) There are 5.86 million active users from the U.A.E.
14) 62% are male users while 38% are female users in the U.A.E.
15) The top 10 countries to use Instagram are the United States, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Russia, Turkey, Japan, U.K., Mexico and Germany.
16) When Instagram introduced videos, more than 5 million were shared in 24 hours.
17) The most Instagrammed food is Pizza.
18) Posts that include a location receive 79% more engagement.
19) Over a third of Instagram users have used their phones to make an online purchase - making them 70% more likely to do so than non-users.
20) Instagram was first called ‘Burbn’.
Source: Hashtag Social
|View Special Features by Category.|
|Airlines & Airports|
|Art & Gallery|
|Banks & Financial sector|
|Education & Institutions|
|Events & Occassions|
|Food & Beverages|
|Health & Fitness|
|History & Culture|
|Hospitals & Clinics|
|Hotels & Hospitality|
|Media & News|
|Online Food Service|
|Parks & Beaches|
|Real Estate & Property|
|Religion & Culture|
|Resorts & Clubs|
|Special Centres, Groups & Communities|
|Sports & Events|
|Things To Do|
|Travel & Leisure|
|UAE Market News|