What is Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what are the symptoms?
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of Coronavirus, first identified in a cluster with pneumonia symptoms in Wuhan City, the capital of Hubei province, China. The spread of Coronavirus is now a global pandemic, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO). The common symptoms for COVID-19 are:
What you can do:
1. If any of your staff has travelled outside the UAE, they should self-isolate for 14 days before returning to work.
2. Ensure regular cleaning with approved disinfection chemicals and increase frequency of high touch areas.
3. If you have any of the symptoms, self-isolate and contact a health care centre to get checked.
4. Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water (or use an alcohol based sanitiser if soap is not available).
5. Always follow the social distancing rule (keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres between each other) and avoid mass gatherings.
6. Encourage working from home and continue to stay at home unless essential.
7. Use the available digital channels to apply for Government Services to avoid unnecessary visits.
8. Avoid shaking hands and other greeting contact, just wave instead.
9. Cough/sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow and wash hands immediately.
10. Take information only from official government entities for updates on COVID-19.
|View Special Features by Category.|
|Airlines & Airports|
|Art & Gallery|
|Banks & Financial sector|
|Education & Institutions|
|Events & Occassions|
|Food & Beverages|
|Health & Fitness|
|History & Culture|
|Hospitals & Clinics|
|Hotels & Hospitality|
|Media & News|
|Online Food Service|
|Parks & Beaches|
|Real Estate & Property|
|Religion & Culture|
|Resorts & Clubs|
|Special Centres, Groups & Communities|
|Sports & Events|
|Things To Do|
|Travel & Leisure|
|UAE Market News|