Tips for Renting A Car in Dubai
In a tough economy business travelers must find new ways to economize. One area often overlooked is the cost of renting a car.
Here are 10 favorite tips for saving money when renting a car.
1. Online bookings: The Internet often yields lower rates than telephone bookings.
2. Prepaid gasoline: An increasing number of rental car companies offer a prepaid gasoline option.
3. Avoiding unnecessary insurance: Car rental companies always try to sell insurance to accompany your rental, but many automobile insurance policies and some premium credit cards already cover car rental insurance so it always pays to check before accepting this option.
4. Weekend vs. weekday rentals: Renting a car at the airport for a weekend during peak periods will generally cost more, while during the week there are likely to be fewer travelers and deals may abound.
5. Airport drop-off: To further savings, check for airport drop off, eliminating the taxi fare from downtown to the airport.
6. Do the math: A rate that sounds unbelievably low might not be so low when everything is said and done. Clarify which taxes, surcharges and other fees you’ll be expected to pay and be on the lookout for charges for “extras” you really need, such as permission for additional drivers to use the car.
7. Opt for a smaller car: Do you really need a larger car? If not, go compact.
8. Be on time: If you return your car late, the rental agency may charge you as much as a full day’s rental, sometimes at a rate higher than before.
9. Supply your own car seat: If you’ll be traveling with children, you can save up to $10 a day by providing your own child safety seat rather than renting one from the car company.
10. Policy on Salik: Check with your renting company the policy for payment of Salik and any fines applicable for overspeeding, wrong parking etc.
|View Special Features by Category.|
|Airlines & Airports|
|Art & Gallery|
|Banks & Financial sector|
|Education & Institutions|
|Events & Occassions|
|Food & Beverages|
|Health & Fitness|
|History & Culture|
|Hospitals & Clinics|
|Hotels & Hospitality|
|Media & News|
|Online Food Service|
|Parks & Beaches|
|Real Estate & Property|
|Religion & Culture|
|Resorts & Clubs|
|Special Centres, Groups & Communities|
|Sports & Events|
|Things To Do|
|Travel & Leisure|
|UAE Market News|
FEATURES & ARTICLES
International Humanitarian City
Bayzat - Health Insurance in UAE
Middle East News